Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Thursday, February 10, 2011

"V" Day


Ok, so I'm still trying to get a hang of this "blog thing", so this means trying to come up with a new post to capture and keep your attention. For about a week now I have been contemplating what my next post should be about. I haven't been anywhere recently worthy of a spot in my blog so I was stuck...stuck until I had a conversation with a good friend of mine who recently started a new relationship. "Soooo...", I asked him, "what are your plans for Valentine's Day?"...He told me he was cheap broke so he wouldn't be doing much. Then he said "I dunno, maybe dinner or a movie or both". This is when I decided what my next post should be about!... Restaurants! Valentine's Day is approaching, and most couples I know are planning to go to dinner.

Photo courtesy of The HouseBoat Grill's Website
The first restaurant on my list is  "The HouseBoat Grill" located in the Freeport area in Montego Bay. It offers a unique setting for an intimate dining experience. This restaurant is docked away from the pier, so you have to be transported to it. You may dine downstairs, but upstairs has a better view. The food is excellent (constantly evolving fusion menu, Jamaican-Mediterranean cuisine), the staff was really friendly, and the ambiance was quite delightful. Men, if you are looking to impress a woman, this is the place to take her. Dress code is casually elegant.  It is one of those fancyshmancy  sophisticated restaurants so it is best to make reservations before you go.

Possibly my favourite restaurant in Montego Bay is the Sea Horse Grill at the Montego Bay Yacht Club. This is also located in the Freeport area, a little way down from The HouseBoat Grill.
Photo of Sea Horse Grill Courtesy of their website
I've been here a couple times and every time I go, I fall more in love with the place.

Let your hair down, close your eyes and fall in love with the saxophonist and his music while you wait to receive your meal. Or, you could keep your eyes open and stare at the Montego Bay "night-lights". The food! oh!em!gee! The food, Try their juicy tenderloin beef steak or their mouth-watering baby back ribs! yummmy!!!!  You don't usually need to make reservations for dinner, but they should be packed this Valentine's day, so make reservations before you go.                                        









 Pic is blurry, but it was the only one I could find of the setting
Journey with me as we go to Gaucho's Grill located on South Avenue in Kingston. Enjoy a nice casual poolside dining experience here. Actually, the first time I went to Gaucho's was for a Valentine's dinner some years ago, and I fell in love with the atmosphere. Since then, I've taken close friends of mine here and they've all enjoyed it. I'm a ribs kinda girl!! looove me some tender juicy ribs, and I think this is what has kept me coming back to Gaucho's. Their ribs are to die for!!!! and the prices are actually good too! Their pastas seem to be really popular among my friends as well.

The last restaurant on my list .....does not have "Grill" as part of its name...haha...I just realized that the trend with the previous restaurants...this was not intentional though....Jewel of India is my favourite Indian restaurant and perhaps the best in Jamaica...(yes, I am a little biased..sue me). It is located at Market Place, on Constant Spring Road in Kingston.
Our food
The prices are a little steep, BUT it is worth it!!! The servings meant for one person may be shared for two, yes, you get a lottttt of food! If you don't know what to order, the waiters/waitresses are always around to explain what the dishes are and to offer you suggestions.

Garlic Nan
 Some of my favourite on the menu are: Chicken Tikka Masala (spicy), Chicken Goan (Curry chicken), Rogan Josh (Mutton). These dishes are served with basmati rice or Nan (I looove the garlic and butter nans)...it may take a while to receive your main course, so order some samosas while you wait!




Friends and I outside Jewel of India
















You may dine inside/outside, I usually dine indoors if I go there with a large group. If you are as fascinated by "pretty lights" as I am, then I suggest you dine outside. Dress code is casual elegance/semi-formal. (Definitely make reservations)











P.S. Men, If you do decide to take your other half out to dinner, Don't forget the flowers! (Yes, I am an old-fashioned kinda girl) 

1 comments:

FreeSpirit89 said...

Love it! Quite an engaging post. I will be sure to add the Grills to my MBay dine-out list!

Post a Comment