Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

"The House"


My friends had been telling me about "The House", Kingston's newest hot-spot for some weeks now and I decided I had to see this place for myself.


Last Saturday a group of us decided to venture there. We got there at around 11:30 pm to a completely packed venue... now I was even more curious to see what this place had to offer. I couldn't wait to "rub shoulders"(literally) with the "privileged" bunch who managed to get seats before us. We waited in the "living room", oh yea, so The House is set up like a real house, with a living room, a regular bedroom, a private bedroom (which has to be booked) and a backyard- needless to say we felt like "unwanted guests" as we stood around for about half hour (or longer) waiting to be seated. We were eventually acknowledged, but between the fight like bitches to secure a table, and the scurry for stools to sit on, I can't figure which was more welcoming. Finally we were all seated and ready to order.


My Sangria after a taking couple sips
By the time we placed our requests, our waitress informed us that the kitchen was already closed, but we could still order...yay! (5 points for The House). Having an easy flowing conversation proved difficult due to the blaring music, but we did not let that stop our communication flow...then started the BBM fest, and those who weren't busy bb-ing simply shouted in order to hear each other, while we waited on our food and drinks... I must admit the drink prices were pretty good...one glass of Sangria cost $JMD400, which is pretty good compared to most of the other places I frequent, the martinis were $JMD300.

"Quarter Burger"
The food...well that is a different story, when my friends received their burgers ($JMD700), the first thing that came out of my mouth was " This is it?"...to me, it looked like something a three-year-old had made...we joked that one friend received a half of a burger and the other, a quarter... they were the tiniest burgers I have seen in a loooong time...another friend ordered a beef wrap, and while it wasn't the biggest wrap we have ever seen, she admitted that it was tasty.
"Beef Wrap"








Ok, so after all that, here is my take on "The House"- the concept of the place is really good, however, the venue is a bit tight, and as such, not a good spot for a large group of friends to sit and dine. The loud music in the "Living Room" (which is where we sat) is definitely not conducive to a conversation type setting. The drinks are good, the food..(despite the serving size) is tasty...just make sure you are not starving when you go there...Overall, It is a good spot to hang out just before a party ( the dress code is a notch above casual). 

2 comments:

FreeSpirit89 said...

...a private bedroom (which has to be booked)... << Ur kidding?!
So, basically...the HOUSE needs to be extended for more room...and their Customer Service and food sizes ... suck?
It is hard to convince me that "Overall, It is a good spot to hang out just before a party"...

Roxy said...

lol...yup...couldn't have said it better! I'ts a good spot to hang out if you go early enough and if you dont plan to stay all night

Post a Comment